6.4.14

Asiatique the Riverfront

I am soooo happy to be back in Bangkok again, I have planned and purchased flight tickets and hotel voucher for this special trip about 9 months ago! It is special because its a trip with my besties, and specially its a down-memory-lane trip with my BFFE! (click here for past trip).

We arrived in the afternoon and after checking in to our hotel, we decided to have dinner in “ASIATIQUE The Riverfront,” its the biggest lifestyle project in Asia on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, and one of Bangkok’s trendiest landmark! Asiatique is in the same area which the East Asiatic pier back in the 1900s during the reign of King Chulalongkorn, Asian countries were under threat of invasion from the European superpowers. With his great foresight, King Chulalongkorn took the initiative to raise Siam to the level of leading countries of the world and build construction of a pier belonging to the East Asiatic Company, a business dedicated to the export of teak wood. This pier signaled the beginning of international trade between the Kingdom of Siam (the former name of Thailand) and European nations and was the key to Siam maintaining the sovereignty and independence it enjoys to this day. And now housing some of the best fine-dining restaurant and local designers boutique, Asiatique is most definitely an excursion that you should not miss!



thank you all for viewing the post and reading the bits....

xxx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...