10.12.13

Mini Break (Gili Trawangan)


I guess I just cannot deal with too much rainy days that I took a mini break from it all and hop on a boat to the Gili Island. Here I am with a couple of friends on our Gili Trawangan weekend getaway.... where the sun always shine.... :)


The Gili Islands is located northwest of Lombok. These islands has several small resorts, usually consisting of a collection of huts, a small pool and restaurant. Most local inhabitants live on Trawangan in a township stretching along its east side just inland (which is also where most recent development is taking place). 


Cars and motorbikes traffic are prohibited on the islands by local ordinance, so the preferred method of transportation is by foot and bicycle or the horse-drawn carriage called a cidomo. Scuba diving and freediving in and around the Gilis is also popular due to the abundance of marine life and attractive coral formations. Most famous diving spots are Shark point, Manta point and Simon's reef. Gili simply means "small island" in Sasak language.


One of my fave restaurant

The Gili Trawangan Resort

the beach side

Villa Ombak (my last stay and post here)

gotta love those bamboo structure...


shop a little in this cute shop

our lunch at the Cafe Kayu (current fave)

the night market... interesting life

thank you all for stopping by and viewing the post...

xxx

bikini My Body  |  orange dress Erlangga 2  |  sunnies Forever 21  |  flip flops Ipanema

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...