5.1.12

Paisley

My Love to Paisley pattern has been for forever now, it has been in my dress, in my shirt and even in my head scarf.

(my various head scarf collection from Eiger & RPM)

Paisley pattern is a droplet-shaped vegetable motif of Indian, Pakistani and Persian origin. Resembling a twisted teardrop, the kidney-shaped paisley is Iranian and Indian in origin, but its western name derives from the town of Paisley, in central Scotland. The pattern is sometimes called "Persian pickles" by American traditionalists, especially quilt-makers,or "Welsh pears" in Welsh textiles as far back as 1888.

Paisley was particularly popular during the Summer of Love, heavily identified with psychedelicstyle and the interest in Indian spirituality and culture brought about by the pilgrimage of The Beatles to India in 1968. Also, Fender Guitars made a Pink Paisley version of their Telecaster guitar, by sticking paisley wallpaper onto the guitar bodies. The modern recording artist Prince paid tribute to the rock and roll history of paisley when he created the Paisley Park Records recording label and established Paisley Park Studios, both named after his 1985 song "Paisley Park".






Paisley top by Body&Soul
Jeans by Logo
Ring by Janice Girardi sterling silver
Wedges by Elizabeth

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...